Currently, Member App allows you to upload lesson videos with some supplementary text. However, what if you have an extra resource such as a PDF file, a supplementary video audio file or something else you wish to add for your users?
We are in the process of adding a button feature to make it easy for you to share extra resources under your lesson videos. However, until the time that this feature is added, you can add these resources into the provided text area via hyperlink. To use this temporary solution, see the steps below.
1. First of all, you will need to get a URL of the resource you want to share. If you already have the URL, go to the next step. If however your resource is a file on your computer, you will need to upload it to a file sharing service so it can generate a URL for you. We recommend Amazon S3. There are numerous guides and videos online such as this one which show you how to do this correctly.
2. Once you have the URL of your resource, login to Member App and go to your Course dashboard.
3. In your list of course lessons, click on the lesson you wish to add the resource to. In the example below, we selected the 'Intro' lesson, which expanded to show us the text box like so:
4. Next, type in your text, and select the text you wish to hyperlink (so that when your user clicks on this word/set of words, your resource will open). Next, click the hyperlink icon on the very right (in the grey circle in the image below).
5. A pop up box will show up, where you can paste in the URL of your resource and click Save.
6. You will see that your text has been hyperlinked as it has changed color. Lastly, remember to Save, and you're done.